Moving on to the 5th step of Kotter's 8-step model, where you need to expand the possibilities for actions, primarily by removing obstacles. When conducting changes on a scale of the entire organization, you may often encounter obstacles.
The leader and the guiding coalition must eliminate any such obstacles that block the organization's path to success.Steps to make this happen:
● Before moving on to eliminating obstacles, from the perspective of employees, record them all.
● To have a clear understanding of each obstacle, divide them into individual, material, traditional, or legislative obstacles.
● Know the barriers that hinder the process of organizational transformations
and eliminate them as soon as possible.
● Expand the capabilities of employees by providing the necessary training and mentoring.
● Use a digital platform for effective learning using interactive step-by-step
checklists and instructions.Here are some tips you can use to make this process smooth.
• Openly communicate with employees to identify barriers.
• Determine the strongest obstacles that most significantly hinder changes, and eliminate them.
• Involve industry leaders in implementing changes.
• Encourage employees who are actively working on implementing transformations.
Eliminating hierarchies and barriers in the transformation process provides the necessary freedom to work in different departments and get a real effect.